|Tripoli - Janzour - Sabrata - Qasr al-Haj - Nalut - Ghadames - Tormisa - Gharyan - Leptis Magna - Tripoli
A very popular introductory tour of Libya including the desert oasis of Ghadames and the magnificent Roman cities of Leptis Magna and Sabrata.
- Day 1 Meet guide on arrival at Tripoli Airport and transfer to city centre hotel for two nights.
- Day 2 Sightseeing tour of Libya‘s capital city including the NationalMuseum and the mosques and souks of the old town.
- Day 3 Excursion to Janzour catacomb museum and the Roman city of Sabrata with its stunning Colonnaded Theatre.
- Day 4 Drive into the Berber heartland of the Jabal Nafusa to visit the beautiful qasrs of Qasr al-Haj and Nalut. Continue to the World Heritage Site of Ghadames.
- Day 5 Sightseeing in the enchanting oasis of Ghadames. Take lunch in a traditional house. Late afternoon excursion to Ras al-Ghoul, the remains of an ancient Roman fort, and the sand dunes of the Grand Erg Oriental.
- Day 6 Drive to Kabaw to visit another beautiful qasr. Continue to the abandoned clifftop village of Tormisa and on to Gharyan to visit a troglodyte house and the pottery stalls for which the town is famous.
- Day 7 Full day excursion to the magnificent Roman city of Leptis Magna. Also visit Villa Celine, the seafront home of an upper class Roman family. Return to Tripoli.
- Day 8 At leisure until transfer to airport.